Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Textbooks

I've been in school for just over a month and I thought I would blog about this first month of dental hygiene school...in one word...HELL!  Here's a little look at all the stuff I have for just semester 1. 
I have my big blue tackle box, my instruments, my blood pressure cuff and stethoscope, patient mirror, loupes, many many many textbooks, and of course my typodont.  I named my typodont Kurt and he is kind of a strange guy but I love it (him).  I'm drowning in the 20 credits that I'm taking which are Pre-Clinic Dental Hygiene with Lab, Human Anatomy and Physiology with Lab, Oral Biology, Chemistry with Lab, Head and Neck Anatomy, and English.

BUT I'm so so so so lucky!  I have my family who love and support me.  I have a roommate who is a dental hygienist and has been so supportive and helpful.  I have another roommate who has helped me write my English papers.  I have a big sister at school who is tutoring me.  I have Mckenize...we are in the same ward and we are in the program together...she is a life-saver and study buddy.  And I have my Heavenly Father.  Thank you everybody, you have no idea how much I appreciate you guys.

I know that school is going to be hard but its going to be worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment